- 4 tablespoons The Smiling Olive Garlic
- 4 tablespoons The Smiling Olive
Butter Olive Oil
- Fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 pint red grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 pint yellow grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 16 whole fresh basil
leaves, plus more as needed.
- Salt and freshly ground black
- 1 whole baguette or crusty loaf
Add the red and yellow tomatoes,
balsamic and basil to a bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add the Garlic Olive Oil. Toss to combine, and then taste and add more
basil or salt, if needed. Cover and
refrigerate for an hour or two.
Cut the baguette into diagonal slices to allow for the most surface area
possible. Brush Butter Olive Oil on both sides of the bread cook until golden
brown on both sides.
To serve, give the tomato mixture a
final stir, and then spoon generously over the slices of bread, top with
mozzarella cheese. Serve on a big platter as a first course or appetizer.
Posted on Tue, October 7, 2014
by Elizabeth Contreas filed under